TravelGuests are welcome to drive or fly to the Snow King Resort where the event is being held. For those that fly the vacation starts long before you arrive. The flight into Jackson Hole is one of the most impressive flights in the country as the plane comes in low over the mountains before it makes it's descent into Jackson Hole. The Teton range is in view from the runway and Jackson Hole Airport is small and inviting. From the airport you can get on the Snow King Resort complimentary shuttle which will take you on a short drive to Snow King Resort. While at the Resort the town Start Bus Service is free around town and very cheap to other destinations outside of town. Downtown is only a few blocks walk from the resort.Lodging
When was the last time you went to a gaming convention. Did you squeeze 13 people into one small hotel room and still pay through the nose? Despite all that you had to walk 3 miles to the convention. Throughout the con you are ragged and exhausted. At Teton Con we are taking a unique approach to lodging. We want guests to be relaxed and comfortable while still getting the social aspect of gaming conventions that make them so fun.
- Guests will stay in 3 or 4 bedroom condos at Snow King Resort.
- Groups will be housed together. Groups can be housed alone if preferred and of sufficient size, but may affect group rates.
- Small groups and singles will be housed together. Every effort will be made to match guests with other similar minded guests as we get closer to the convention.
- Single Occupancy and Couples will be given private rooms.
- Couples will have a queen bed or larger.
- Double and Triple Occupancy guests will have either a private room or one room with two beds for two people in their group.
- All the condos have at least two bathrooms which guests will share.
- The condos have a comfortable sitting area with TV and (free) wireless internet.
- Each condo has a full kitchen including a full size refrigerator and stove.
- Condos have a washer and dryer.
- The condos will be stocked at the start of the vacation with plenty of food designed for breakfast and lunch, including:
- Breakfast Bars
- Frozen Pizzas
- much more
- Guests with special dietary and lodging needs should contact us and include the details in their registration. We have a lot of flexibility and should be able to accommodate any special needs with minimal added cost.
are great, but lets be honest how much of the time did you actually
spend gaming. How much time did you spend wandering around killing time
until your next event. How many events did you see that you wished you
had signed up for? How many events were full before you were able to
sign up? Teton Con takes a new approach to gaming conventions:
Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park Tours
Con is just as much vacation as it is convention. We want you to come
back from Teton Con relaxed and refreshed instead of ragged.
- All the convention events are designed to allow participation by all guests, ensuring no guest is left behind.
- Missed one of the gaming events while out on an adventure? Don't worry we'll just run it again!
open gaming hall is open everyday from 8am to midnight. Guests who
wish to game outside these hours are welcome to in their condos, but
make sure you get some sleep for the next day's events.
- If you want to haul everything you own to Wyoming go ahead, but all of our Con Events will provide everything necessary to play, including roleplaying books, painted miniatures and dice. However, there are no guarantees about the results of our potentially cursed dice.
open gaming hall allows unlimited free checkout of heaps and heaps of
classic and new release board games. Worried your favorite game won't
be there? Let us know on the preconvention gaming survey and we'll do
our best to ensure it's there.
- Looking for a specific game, but not sure who to play with, throw up a signup sheet for a later time and we'll advertise it for you. Head downtown for a bit and we'll have a group when you come back.
- A few
months before the convention guests will be invited to a small forum
where they can coordinate any hard to find games or network with other
guests that are coming. Teton Con will also use this as a way of
setting up official events that guests would like to see, like role
UPDATED! We have secured the details of our National Park Tours and they have exceeded even our high expectations for what we will be able to offer. No longer a bus tour both tours will offer guests a more personal experience in a smaller group. This change has not impacted the cost for our guests in any way.
Setup as the first national park in 1872 the United States recognized the unique nature of Yellowstone very early. Although created much later in 1929 Grand Teton National Park is another incredible destination that compliments Yellowstone perfectly.
Snow King Resort, Teton Village and Jackson WYSnow King Resort is located just a few blocks from Historic Downtown Jackson WY and only a few miles from Grand Teton National Park. As a full service summer resort Snow King has alpine slides, chair lift rides, miniature golf, horseback riding, mountain biking, and a few hiking trails. You could have a fantastic time and never leave the resort, but the Jackson Hole area is teaming with so much more, much of which is very affordable.
- Guests will be picked up from the resort on tour day by local licensed guides in vans or minibuses. All guests will tour the same day. The vans will not be filled to capacity for the comfort of the guests.
- Guests will be provided meals during the tours and are welcome to bring snacks from their stocked condos. There will also be ample opportunity to pick up food at the numerous visitor centers.
- Transportation will be by van or mini bus, but there will be many extended stops to see the park's many sites.
- June is a fantastic time to visit the parks. At 6,000 to 9,000 feet snow melts slowly in the spring and the animals are not yet able to make it into the highlands where they often summer, making the wildlife viewing the best all year. The bison, elk and bear babies are out as well. The summer crowds have not made it to the park yet either making it feel like you have the whole park to yourself.
- One day guests will Visit Yellowstone National Park:
- Travel in groups of 15-25 by minibus through the lower loop of Yellowstone. A picnic lunch will be provided during the day at one of the great destinations of your tour.
- A stop will be made at Old Faithful at Upper Geyser Basin, which many people consider to be the highlight of the park. Ample time will be allowed for guests to visit and see the Old Faithful Lodge, walk the geyser basin and visit the gift shops and restaurants.
- Grand Prismatic Spring at Middle Geyser Basin is possibly the most amazing natural feature on Earth. This enormous hot spring seems to teleport you to another world as you walk along it's edge. A short stop will be made at this smaller geyser basin for guests to do the short loop out to Grand Prismatic.
- The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is very different than the Grand Canyon (in Arizona), but no less spectacular. The tour will make numerous stops along its edge for guests to see and photograph the canyon
- Shortly after leaving the Canyon area the tour will travel through Hayden Valley which hosts much of Yellowstone's wildlife. Bison and Elk are rarely absent; bear and wolves are commonly seen in the valley.
- Mud Volcano is a can't miss area in Yellowstone. Although smaller than many of the other geyser basins this isolated basin is fantastically unique. It's "mud" springs seem like they have been pulled directly out of a fantasy novel.
- Yellowstone Lake and West Thumb Geyser Basin will be the last feature on the trip back to Jackson.
- Another Day Guests will visit Grand Teton National Park:
- This totally unique tour will comprise of two distinct experiences.
- Your guide will pick up 8-10 guests in a large van early in the morning and go on a 3-4 hour Wildlife Safari throughout Grand Teton National Park.
- The morning will be spent locating and viewing the parks abundant wildlife possibly including Bison, Elk, Coyote, Wolves, Eagles, Osprey and Bears.
- The early morning is the most ideal time to view the parks wildlife making this part of the tour especially unique.
- After the Wildlife Safari your guide will break for a hot breakfast near the Moose Visitor Center.
- The afternoon will consist of a more traditional tour of the park stopping throughout the park's many scenic overlooks, ranger stations and Visitor Centers including:
- Jenny Lake
- Jackson Lake
- Oxbow Lake
- Tour destinations are subject to many uncontrollable factors and variation based on park regulations that are designed to protect and preserve these wonderful natural heritages.
Art and Shows
Jackson is a mecca of western and wilderness art galleries. Ranging from modern to classic art styles there is something for everyone scattered all throughout the town.
- Jackson is also home to the National Museum of Wildlife Art located just across from the National Elk Refuge.
- Tom Mangelsen's first Images of Nature gallery was opened in Jackson in 1978, most people associate it with the pinnacle of wildlife photography and the crown jewel of the Jackson Galleries. Most of the Galleries, including Mangelsen's are free of charge.
- Jackson is also home to the Pink Garter Theater which provides a wide selection of shows including dramas, comedies, musicals and traveling musicians. Tickets are very affordable.
- If that's not enough Jackson hosts the longest running western shoot out in the country in the downtown square every day free of charge.
Lots and lots of shopping... everything from climbing ropes to high fashion.
Whitewater Rafting, Horseback Riding, Rock Climbing, Paragliding, the list goes on and on...
If you're looking for adventure or excitement there is no better place than Jackson Hole.
- The Snake River is one of the most exciting whitewater rivers in the world let alone the country. Some people travel to Jackson just for the Snake River!
- The incredible vistas of the Grand Teton National Park make it one of the best horseback riding areas in the world. Horse rides leave from Snow King Resort and Teton Village every day. Many other providers including some deeper in the park are available.
- Exum climbing guides have been showing travelers "the ropes" for years, since their founding in 1929. As one of the most experienced and historied guiding services in the world Exum is allowed to guide directly out of the park at the Jenny Lake Ranger Station. Experienced and novice climbers will find numerous opportunities with them. There are numerous other guiding services that do less elaborate climbing trips available out of Jackson.
- Teton Con will organize many add-on adventures with deep group discounts for many of Jackson Hole's most popular activities. These add-ons will be posted once 2013 season pricing is finalized by many of our providers.
Grand Teton Park has unrivaled opportunities to get out and hike.
- Snow King resort has a number of trails, but guests can also take the Town Shuttle out to Teton Village and take the tram to the top of Rendezvous Mountain (a ticket for which is included in the trip).
- The tram puts guests instantly into Teton National Park and the Jedidiah Smith Wilderness area at 10,000 feet.
- Trails off the back and front of the mountain are numerous. There is everything from a few short out and back hikes to a 10 mile hike down the nearby canyon which is spectacular (and largely all downhill).
- The trails are all well marked and serviced by Teton Village or the National Park Service.
- The entire area has developed a bike trail that goes all the way to the Jenny Lake Ranger Station putting you in the heart of Grand Teton National Park. Many of the trails are paved with only gentle inclines. There are numerous shops and groups providing affordable rentals and transport service into and out of the the park (for one way rides).
- Both Snow King Resort and Teton Village provide downhill bike rentals, lifts and downhill trails for bikers of all abilities.